Monday, September 7, 2009






As silly as it may sound, these photos are actually very meaningful to us. Ivan has always been a small child and has never been on the charts in weight, but we have always accepted that he may be very small because of how active he is. Every time I take Ivan to the dr. he gains very little weight and remains below the third percentile. The dr. always tells us it is fine as long as he is healthy. Well, a few weeks ago we took him in for a croup like cough and discovered he had lost a pound since the last time he was in. Now, I have been fine with him gaining very little, but for him to lose weight bothered me. I don't think we have found a food that Ivan doesn't like-except olives-thanks Kasey:) The problem is that he is just way too busy to eat lately, so we figured we just needed to try harder at meal times to put the weight back on. He went several weeks without really wanting to eat much, but over the last few days he has done much better. He ate a few slices of pizza the other night and two cinnamon rolls for breakfast. This is a lot for Ivan, so we were so very proud of him. I know it might sound silly to you, but to us it was a huge accomplishment!

No comments: