Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Ivan 0, Sidewalk 1







Ivan 0, Sidewalk 1, was the statement I woke up to last Monday evening. I had been throwing up Monday morning, but knew I needed to go into work for a countless meetings. so Mike agreed to take care of drop off and pick up for me to help me out a bit. So, after my last meeting, I rushed home and went to sleep. I was quite groggy when Mike walked in with Ivan and it took me a minute to really realize what he was saying, but when I opened my eyes and took a good look at my little boy, it all sunk in. My little boy had his first real boo boo! I, of course needed to know what exactly happened and I was informed that it happened while he was at the sitter's house. For some reason it made me feel so much better that we didn't "do" this to him. The sitter often takes the kids for a walk to go pick up her son from school and on the way back she takes Ivan out of the wagon and lets him walk with her son-who Ivan absolutely LOVES! Apparently Ivan was walking way too fast (go figure) and he bit it! I swear it looked a lot worse in person than it does in the photos-really I think it just broke my heart a little that my baby got hurt! The sitter was so worried that we would be upset, but we know this is bound to happen, especially with a child as active as Ivan. I think we have been pretty lucky so far!

3 comments:

Janice said...

Oh no! Poor little guy...he looks like he's tough though.

He actually looks a LOT like you in these photos.

Anonymous said...

Poor baby! Of course, in true Ivan style, he still looks pretty smiley!

Kristen said...

Oh my goodness, what a battle wound! He looks a little proud. What a brave little guy.