Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Good Morning Birthday Boy!







I know it has been a while since I posted a blog, but we have had a crazy week. It all started last weekend when Ivan started having this terrible cough, a high fever and had trouble breathing. On Sunday night we decided we needed to call the doctor-Ivan had been very lethargic all day and would not really even sit up. Around 9:30 his breathing started getting really bad, so Mike called the dr and after hearing him cough, she said he sounded distressed and we should take him to Urgent Care at Children's. They determined he had Croup and gave him steroids to reduce the swelling of the vocal cords. We spent the next few nights waking up to a frightened coughing baby and spend some time pacing the deck-the cold air is supposed to help his breathing. After a few days he was almost back to normal. Then, we all came down with the flu and now Ivan and I have a cold! I think we have had enough sickness to last us all winter!
As you can see Ivan woke up on his birthday feeling better! Mike and I LOVE getting Ivan up in the mornings, because he is usually so happy! I think he woke up very excited to celebrate his birthday-I know we did! I woke up prepared for it to be a very happy, but emotional day. I can't believe my baby is 1!

No comments: