Ivan had a very fun filled birthday! Mike and I started the day with our favorite activity-playing with Ivan! We then gave Ivan a bath and let him play with his new bath toy that we bought for him and then put him down for a nap so that he would be well rested for the big day! After his nap, we had a little photo session with Auntie M (check out http://www.frecklephoto.com/ for a few of the photos) and then we started the party! Ivan was bit overwhelmed by the numerous people in our house! He has gotten used to the quiet evenings at home and really did not know what to do with himself when there were about 30 people staring at him! Ivan did a great job of just eating the icing off of his cup cake and not getting any in his hair! He really was quite neat! Ivan was not too sure what to do about the gifts, but he did decide that he is very fond of cards. Every time I tried to get him to open a gift, he just wanted to play with the card-I had to hide the cards from him! Ivan's cousin Owen, was nice enough to help him open gifts-we may still be opening gifts if he wasn't there to help us out.
I finally decided it was time to wind down for the evening and started to get Ivan's dinner ready, when Ivan started vomiting! So, we held Ivan over the kitchen sink and let him vomit the whole days worth of food. We then changed Ivan into his PJ's and welcomed a few more friends for an end of the day celebration! I think Ivan really enjoyed opening his last present with out all of the pressure :)
I just want to thank all of our family and friends that helped up celebrate Ivan's first birthday. We all had an amazing day!
No comments:
Post a Comment